Em
Happy Thursday!
Here I am, telling you that I won’t take a long break and I did it again! I am always saying that you shouldn’t get caught up in the hustle and bustle of life, but it seems I am doing so. I am going to practice what I preach. Let’s all sit back, relax, and take a much needed deep breath.  Now that we are all Feng Shui up in here, I am going to let you all in on a not so secret secret:
Whoa-oa-oa! I feel good, I knew that I would,now
I feel good, I knew that I would now
So good, so good, I got you
Whoa! I feel nice, like sugar and spice 
So nice, so nice, I got you
I feel good, I knew thatr I would now
I feel good, I knew that I would now
So good, so good, I got you
So good, so good
This moment was brought to you by James Brown and my ever-going exhilaration. Why is today such a feel good day? Well friends, the birds are singing, the sun is shining, the fluorescent lights in my new office are especially bright today and they are buzzing with anticipation (it’s  more like a drone of annoyance, but I am still enjoying every moment!), and I have never felt better. For all of you that caught the hint there in my last sentence (and for those of you who have no idea what I am talking about) I am pleased to announce that the interview went swimmingly, I passed all of the tests, and I am the new Bookstore Technician at a campus within my college’s system. Can I get a “WootWoot!”  This has been my ultimate goal in life and I never would have thought I could achieve it so early. I am going to get a little Academy Awards (can this be an adjective? Well, I am using it as one!) on you at the moment.
 I would first like to thank Cory, who told me that I should go for this in the first place. His never ending support and love has made a difference and I can’t wait to start this new chapter together. I love you. Now go and sell our house! P.S. I can’t wait to see you tomorrow.
 I need to thank my parents also for their support and making me that hard worker I am today. I apologize for all the times I was a brat and didn’t want to do the chores. Thank you for making me do them anyways J You two are my role models and I hope you know that I wouldn’t be where I am today without you! I love you.
To my sisters, who have all helped me get here. Holly, for calming me down and helping me sleep before the interview day and never getting annoyed with me and my many questions. You are always there for me. Always. You are such a beautiful person and I hope you know just how much you mean to me. To Abby, for motivating me in many many ways. You have helped me learn a new way to sort out problems and feel great about myself. You always put a smile on my face. P.S. You should call me. To Katie, for having my back and looking out for me. I do appreciate the offer of bombing the school if I didn’t get the job. You are my true home-girl yo! I love each and every one of you.
To my friends, for also supporting me. I need to give a shout out to JMe who is offering me a place to crash during the weeks I am without a home in my new town. I promise to clean up after myself, not use your toothbrush when I forget mine, make you some of my wonderful lasagna, only sneak some of your food, and protect you from punks who are trying to get money from you. Your kindness astounds me. I also need to give a shout out to Sara. We have become the best of friends and I truly am sad that I won’t be able to see you every day. I want you to know that you have helped me out every step of the way even though it meant separation between us. You are one of the most amazing people I have ever met and am truly sad to leave you. But, what this does mean is: Road trips, weekend plans to see dancers who may or may not be in leather chaps, e-mail galore, and the best of friends no matter how many miles are between us.  
To my co-workers (who know who you are) who have helped me land my dream job. To one specifically, it takes my breath away how compassionate and supportive you have been. I have said this a lot, but I don’t think I would be in this position if it wasn’t for you. You have been with me through a lot, so here is the next stage of life. Eight years of working together is just not enough, so here’s to eight more plus some! Thank you, from the very bottom of my heart.  To all my other co-workers, it is because of you that I can start this new journey right away. This truly is a great place to work and I am so blessed.
To Christine, for randomly e-mailing me one of the sweetest e-mails I have ever received. I believe that we are two of the same people and I hope you found the love and happiness you were looking for. Your well wishes were felt. Thank you.
To my cat, Elvis. You have always been there to snuggle and cuddle. I wish you would talk to me more on the phone when I am away because I never know what you are truly feeling when I am not there. Please work on that. And stop eating my sweaters.
To the realtor who is going to sell our house right away, thank you. Thank you to the people who bought it the first day it was on the market. This is all premature of course, but it’s going to happen….right? Might as well say thank you now!
Phew, just reading this list shows just how blessed I am to be living the life I am in. It is the small things in life that make it all worthwhile, but the immense things in life are also great. I am nervous, excited, sad, happy and so very grateful for everything and everyone. I hope all of you join me as I start a new journey in life. Bring in on, life. Bring. It. On!
Here’s to wishing all of you a very blissful Thursday. Tomorrow, I will once again get back on track and have a fantastic list for you along with my TGIF greeting.  Farwell for now my friends. I will see you tomorrow.
-Carpe Diem
0 Responses

Post a Comment