Well friends, my weekends away from home are not over yet. In about seven hours I will once again be buckling my seatbelt (that’s for you Mom) and hitting the road to make the 5 ½ hours 343.39 miles drive to my hometown. This will also be the destination the following weekend. Why drive two weekends in a row you may ask. Why not? I can and so I will. I am actually going to surprise my sister on her birthday morning by showing up for coffee with the family. As of right now, I believe that she thinks I am a wicked sister because I told her I just couldn’t make it happen. Well, Surprise because I will be on my way to see you soon! I also get to carpool some of the way with one of my other sisters (confused yet with all this sister talk?), so that will make the drive not seem so long. In three weekends, I will have been in four different states and back again. As I mentioned before, what a month!
So today’s list might seem kind of random, but that’s okay. I hope you enjoy it all the same. Lately, there have been people asking me when Cory and I are going to have kids. I have never hid the fact that we do indeed plan on having kids, but the timing is unsure. There are a lot of things we probably have to do before we even start trying, but nonetheless, baby talk seems to be everywhere. In all of this baby talk, I wanted to see if there are legit reasons why some people should have kids. Read on and enjoy my Friends:
Reasons (Smart reasons) why People Should have Kids
· You need the tax deductions
· You always have leftovers and they always go bad
· You’re not the odd one out at Disney World if you have kids and Disney vacations always seem to be for families of four anyways
· You’re in enough debt already. What difference could a few kids make?
· If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with roller blades, they can ignite. With kids, this could be a fun activity and can save you money on the heating bills
· You can tell your place of employment that your kid is sick and they won’t question it. This is much better then you faking illness because you can have a day off and go back to work and there are no awkward questions of how you feel.
I was always taught to weigh the pros and cons of each situation. The above list seems to be very good reasons on why kids are a good thing, but there have to be some reasons why people should NOT have kids.
Reasons to NOT have Kids (also smart reasons)
· A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2,000 sq. foot house 4 inches deep
· A 3-year-old's voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded restaurant
· When you hear the toilet flush and the words, "Uh-oh", it's already too late
· Certain Lego's will pass through the digestive tract of a four-year-old, some however will not.
· Super glue can be forever
· Garbage bags do not make good parachutes
· You probably do not want to know what that odor is
· Always look in the oven before you turn it on. Plastic toys do not like ovens
· If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan, the motor is not strong enough to rotate a 42 pound boy wearing Batman underwear and a Superman cape. It is strong enough, however, to spread paint on all four walls of a 20X20 foot room
· The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms dizzy. It will, however, make cats dizzy, and cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy
There you go friends, the pros and cons of having kids. I believe that if anyone does or does not want a kid, refer to the lists above. These reasons alone should be the main factor in your decision (God help us all).
I hope everyone has a delightful weekend. Make the last weekend in March one to be reckoned with. Play some games, hike up the party pants, put your dancing shoes on and have a grand time.
As a preparation for Easter, I am going to leave you with a cartoon that requires no thought but delivers good laughs. I was going to put the cartoon on here that my Pa sent me this morning, but I needed something appropriate. Somehow, I felt the other cartoon wasn't.
Happy March, friends. I will see you in the lovely month of April. May the showers of happiness start.