I think that the title of this post says it all. I am once again an Aunt (and am obviously excited about it!!!). On Valentine’s Day my sister gave birth to a healthy beautiful little boy and I made the trip back home to go and meet the little guy. What a family my sister has. Everything about him was perfect down to his tiny little toes. My sister looked beautiful. I have never seen my niece more excited. My brother in law looked as happy as can be. Everyone is healthy and the weekend was amazing.
Welcome to the world Shane Carter!
Because of all the activities going on, my folks and I were put on babysitting duty for my niece. It is just so awesome to see her developing into the person she is and how her personality is definitely one of a kind. She is so smart and just a riot to be around. Since this was her longest stint without seeing her mom and dad, my parents got a hotel room in the town my sister was in. Here is a rundown of how I spent my weekend:
This weekend I….
· Met my nephew for the very first time (this is definitely on the top of the list)
· Saw my sisters beautiful family completed
· Had a sleepover with my niece. Popcorn, juice boxes and movies included.
· Slept with over what felt like a dozen Barbie dolls. I apologize to Cinderella for the suffocation.
· Cuddled most of the night with my niece (and the pre-mentioned dolls)
· Played Barbie’s until 10:00 p.m. quietly (We didn’t want Grandma and Grandpa to know we were still up)
· Went swimming
· Ate candy
· Had girl talk with a three year old (this involved jewelry, horse, and Barbie talk)
· Ate like a champion. This included Chinese take-out, McDonalds, Breakfast, Coffee, Turkey dinner, and popcorn almost every night. Yes, this is my idea of a champion (Don’t judge. You know you’re jealous!)
· Made picture collages with my mom
· Had a Roots Marathon with my dad (this consisted of me staying up until 3:00 a.m. because I was too invested in it to quit)
· Naps. Ahh glorious naps. I think this is a must after watching a straight 6 hours of Roots
· Drove back home to the sound of Garrison Keillor’s voice on MPR
Yes, friends. It was a great weekend and I am looking forward to the week ahead.