Top of the Tuesday to you, Friends.
Today, I feel like talking about something in my life that makes such a huge difference daily and thought I should share it with you. The word of the day is happiness. Day in and day out you see certain people who just seem a little bit happier (guilty). I think that sometimes people ask themselves if this is by design, chance, or accident. Some of the happiest people I know have made a conscious choice to be happy, and work toward it like any other goal that they choose to set for themselves. Lesson of the day from yours truly: If you really wish to be happy, it’s important to know just what it is that makes you that way so that you can incorporate more of the same into your daily life.
hap·py /ˈhæpi/ Show Spelled[hap-ee]
adjective, -pi·er, -pi·est.
1. delighted, pleased, or glad, as over a particular thing: to be happy to see a person.
2. characterized by or indicative of pleasure, contentment, or joy: a happy mood; a happy frame of mind.
3. favored by fortune; fortunate or lucky: a happy, fruitful land.
4. apt or felicitous, as actions, utterances, or ideas.
5. obsessed by or quick to use the item indicated (usually used in combination): a trigger-happy gangster. Everybody is gadget-happy these days.
I mentioned that I seek out happy things. I make a point every day to do or simply be near something that makes me happy. So, what makes me happy?
* Making my parents laugh * The feeling after a long run * Making pasta and eating as much of it as I can * My quirky and fun Husband * Sunday Mornings (well, mornings in general are pretty awesome) * Coffee Mugs (Yes, I have a weird obsession with coffee cups. If it wasn’t for Cory, all of our cupboards would be full with them)
I’m starting to beam just writing these down. And there’s a lot more. Don’t get me started on cats, t-shirts, lighting things on fire (I hope this doesn’t make me sound creepy), and a good book on a stormy night.
Long story short, be happy people! Life is so magical and crazy that it’s hard not to see the beauty in life, love, and happiness. I’m always happy with whomever I’m with because I learn to see the beauty in every person. I’m always happy with where I am, because there’s no place on Earth that’s not a miracle. I love life because of everything and everyone around me. So go forth and be happy! Trust me, it sure is fun!