Em
Hello again. It is getting to be that time in the week where my energy is fading and the weekend seems like it can’t come soon enough! A little more coffee should put me back on track and then I should be at the same level as a kitten on a sugar high (wait a minute; I don’t think kittens should eat sugar. Maybe catnip is more feline friendly.) It is once again Friday (Honestly, where does the time go?) and I feel this weekend is well deserved. A busy week at work makes the weekend that much more glorious.

My mind, on the other hand, thought that the weekend should start today, because I woke up in a bustle as I realized that there is no way I am going to be on time this wonderful Friday Morning. Well technology, in your face! (All facts considered, my alarm clock did go off at the right time. My grandfather clock also did chime at the right time, so really it was a fight against me, not technology.) Maybe I should switch that to, in your face, Em! I beat all odds and was right on time for work. Phew! I even look presentable…. I think. I am sitting at my desk with a huge smile on my face that probably makes me look mental, but I don’t care. I beat my own odds and made it to work on time and it is going to be a wonderful day. I know that a lot of people who wake up late say that being late makes the day start off bad. I think of it as a rush. It is like a workout and a wakeup call all at the same time.
We all wake up late and I believe that each and everyone one of us goes over the excuses in our heads. Should we tell the truth or should we make it sound like it was something we couldn’t avoid? Should my tire be flat today or was there a catastrophe that I just couldn’t leave my house? Either way, we all want work to know that we in fact woke up in time (not), but because of the strange happenstances, we were late. This got me thinking that is might be nice to have a list of excuses made up prior to this happening. Instead of going over excuses in your head, we can just randomly point, call, and be late for work. Next time you wake up in a hurry and realize you will be late, take a look at my list and rest easy, for these excuses are some of the best:
_________________________________________________
Reasons (Legit, of course) to be Late for Work
1. My heat was shut off so I had to stay home to keep my cat warm.
2. My husband thinks it's funny to hide my car keys before he goes to work.
3. I walked into a spider web on the way out the door and couldn't find the spider, so I had to go inside and shower again.
4. Someone stole all my daffodils.
5. My left turn signal was out so I had to make all right turns to get to work.
6. A gurney fell out of an ambulance and delayed traffic.
7. I was attacked by a raccoon and had to stop by the hospital to make sure it wasn't rabid.
8. I feel like I'm in everyone's way if I show up on time.
9. I was trying to get my gun back from the police
10. A groundhog bit my bike tire and made it flat.
11. My driveway washed away in the rain last night.
12. I didn't have money for gas because all of the pawn shops were closed.
13. My neighbor's daughter got a round hair brush stuck in her hair and I need to help her get it out.
14.  Can't make it in. I have a chance of filling in for someone on jury duty.
15. The blankets were too heavy for me to lift so I was stuck in bed all day.
16. Do you know how long it takes to give a dollar to every Santa you see? (This only works in December)
17. I was in a meeting. ..... What, you weren't invited? That's messed up.
18. I'm still too drunk from last night to drive to work.
___________________________________________________

To you friends I would like to say, Good Friday Morning! Wake up, go to work (or not), drink some (or a lot) of coffee, and feel good that it is Friday!  You will never be as lovely as you are right now and you will do wonderful things. I just know it! TGIF Friends and once again, don’t forget to enjoy every moment!
1 Response
  1. Sara Strand Says:

    I hate it when groundhogs just eat your tires- jerks. I also feel like an enraged vigilante when someone steals my daffodils. We should form a taskforce!


Post a Comment