Em
Good Morning!
And indeed it is, my friends. The sun has been out, the semester is winding down, and just all around joy and excitement is in the air. I am loving every moment.
I bet a couple of you have been wondering where I have been (or not). Well, my lack of posts is a good indication that I have been busy. My days are filled with getting ready for the summer semester and my weekends are filled with adventures. It has been since the end of March that I have actually been able to spend some time at home and this weekend is no different. Before I jump the gun here, I will just give you a quick recap. A couple weekends ago, I made the drive home to celebrate Mother’s Day. Unfortunately, my mom had to work on the actual holiday, so we moved it up a weekend. I know the day is past, but I just want to give a shout out to my mom. I wouldn’t be where I am today without her. My mother is the most beautiful woman I ever saw and know. I truly strive to be like her because I don’t know a person who is so caring, giving, so beautiful and much more. I once read that a mother is a person who, seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. This is my mom in a nutshell. She brings so much joy and laughter to my life each day and I am so proud to call her Mom. We celebrated by drinking coffee, catching up, having margaritas and fried pickles (mmmm!), shopping, and scanning Pintrest. There may be some Pintrest weekends coming up here soon! It was a delightful weekend.

After a short week at work, I again packed up for a weekend trip to Fargo, ND  to see Cory’s sister graduate. One graduation party, three bottles of homemade mead (aka diesel oil), some bad karaoke, 6 beers, and some late night/early morning Catan and 35 Taquitos later, we were back in the car making the six hour drive home. It was a very successful weekend if I don’t say so myself. J (Congrats on your Fashion Apparel Buying Sewing Branding Selling with an emphasis in Design Drawing and Retail degree Paula! (Did I get that degree right? I feel I missed something)
We got back and settled down for another short work week. This weekend we are off to see two lovely friends get married on an island. Let’s just say that my excitement is hard to contain. Weddings, first of all are awesome. Everyone is so happy and are there to celebrate. It is just a great time all around. Secondly, we are so happy for this couple and are so glad to be able to witness them getting married. Third, have a mentioned it’s on a flipping island? I mean, it just doesn’t get better than friends around all there to celebrate this jubilant occasion. I will definitely have pictures!
After this is done comes Memorial Day. It means yet another long weekend for me and I plan on taking full advantage of my first weekend at home in two months by opening the windows, turning on some music, and spring cleaning. This may not be exciting for some of you, but I am pumped. I get three whole days to do whatever I want! This also involves getting outside and cleaning up the yard from Old Man Winter still, some grilling and brews may also be in the itinerary. Yes, friends. Life is good.
If you need a good pick me up, here is another cat video! Yes, I know you are excited.
Get out there and enjoy this great day! Summer is almost here!
-Cheers!


0 Responses

Post a Comment