Em
Happy May Day, friends!
I know I have been absent on here lately, and I apologize. Some great things have been happening on my side of the line though. Flashback: remember those posts about me somewhat complaining about being bored all the time and I just want to do stuff? Well I take that back. It seems that free time is non-existent lately and I find myself looking forward to the first day I have no plans. I have no idea when that will be, but it is going to be glorious. Usually my weeks are filled with work, helping at the theater, or trying to get a start on spring cleaning while my weekends were free to do as I pleased. Well, that is no more. I don’t remember the last day that I slept in past 8:00 or sat down and just read for a couple hours and wasted time. Even my weekends seem to be taking a turn and are getting even busier than the work week. I haven’t been home for a weekend since my work conference at the beginning of April and it looks like it will stay that way through May. Don’t get me wrong friends. I am not going on a tangent of complaints right now because these past couple of months has been great. They have been filled with fun, laughter, a lot of firsts, good food, and just great memories. I have hopes that the upcoming future may prove to be the same.  Yes friends, great things are happening and I can’t wait! The upcoming events includes, but is not limited to: graduation parties, Mother’s Day, one epic Wedding Weekend of a great friend (yay!), theater opening, family time, barbeques, bike rides, and the theater opening!! (I know I already mentioned this, but felt it should be added again for emphasis) Yes, spring/summer is around the corner (despite the fact that we are indeed in a winter storm warning for tonight).
I will give you a little bit of update as to what I have been up to. *Disclaimer* It’s not much.
·         I went home this past weekend to celebrate my Pa’s birthday and to help with some clean up. They were in an area that was hit hard with ice leaving pretty much the whole county without power for multiple days and it took down many trees and branches. Let’s just say by the end of the weekend, I didn’t want to see one or pick up another stick.
·         I started this little thing called Insanity. Let’s just say it lives up to its name. I am only a week in and can feel it. Never before have I wanted to hit the television screen one moment and hug it the next. I think my stubborn side reared its head because I didn’t believe a DVD workout routine that calls for no weights or equipment but guarantees to get you in shape could actually work.  It’s pretty much like a bad relationship that I have started. It is the most intense workout I have ever done but feel fantastic after. It’s also somewhat addicting and I feel like a fool doing it, but I am hoping it will be worth it, and at this rate, I think it will be. It also helps me feel a bit less guilty of drinking that extra beer or eating greasy potato chips so I call it a win! My legs are sore and I am having trouble walking but that means it’s working or I am doing all the workouts incredibly wrong. (I will leave out the fact that I went on a 4 mile bike ride after my first session…Thanks Cory, for convincing me to go on that bike ride and telling me  I would be alright to walk after.) This, along with me drinking between 64 and 96 ounces of water a day, has left me feeling pretty good lately.
·         We are starting to talk about what we should do for promotions for the theater’s opening day. This, my friends, is exciting.
Well friends, that’s about it. I hope you receive many May Day Baskets (do people still do that?) and I will talk to you again soon. In the meantime, here is a cat video.  Enjoy!
-Cheers!

2 Responses
  1. Sara Strand Says:

    First up, you need to tell me more about this Insanity DVD- I'm interested. Second, I miss you already. I hope I move soon so you can come help. Third, I love that video. My cats are all jerks but Lola takes the cake. She's a hussy and a bully.


  2. Anonymous Says:

    I do not know if it's just me or if perhaps everyone else encountering issues with your blog. It looks like some of the text in your posts are running off the screen. Can somebody else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them too? This could be a problem with my internet browser because I've had
    this happen before. Thank you

    Stop by my site ... bmi calculator


Post a Comment