Em
Happy Monday Morning!
We have made it through another weekend. The last weekend of the month of February. Time is passing us by and the joys of springtime is 23 days away (not that I am counting). Icicles are forming from the melting snow and the sun has been peeking out more often. People are switching over their wardrobe from browns and blacks to pinks, oranges, and yellows. Yes friends, the seasons are changing.
This weekend was another eventful one, despite the fact I stayed home. Friday included games, new friends, fun, and chili (my dad’s award winning chili nonetheless). We woke up early Saturday and headed to the Amery Classic Theater to get some paint on the walls. It is just so exciting to see progress being made. Each day we put our hard work in makes the reality of the theater being open more of a reality. Two of our good friends came and helped painted and things got done. When I say things got done, I wish I could show you just how hard they worked and how amazing the space is looking. Add that with some pizza and beer, it was a very fun and productive afternoon.
Unfortunately, I can’t post any pictures up of the progress. We don’t want to ruin the surprises in store for all of you!!

On top of that our friends decided to stick around as Cor and I introduced them to the world of Settlers of Catan (Don’t know what that is? Your missing out!). We brought out the inner geeks, had some Spotted Cow, laughed along with Laughing Fox and played Settlers until the sun went down. Yes friends, it was a very good day indeed.

Sunday was another day of paint brushes, paint, and painters tape. I must confess though, we did sleep in a bit and have a lazy morning filled with coffee and conversation. The weekend ended with the red carpet of the Oscars and talk of the work week ahead.
Sometimes I forget how blessed I am in the hand that I was dealt. It is weekends like this where new people come into the picture and become friends, where old friends show up to support us and stay for fun and games after, and where family completes the circle of love that I feel each and every day.
Enjoy this Monday, friends, because life is grand and you are beautiful.
-Cheers!
3 Responses
  1. Sara Strand Says:

    Confession: Not only have I never played it, I've never even heard of Settlers of Catan. Friend fail.


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Unquestionably consider that which you said.
    Your favourite justification appeared to be at the net the easiest thing to have in
    mind of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed at the same time as folks think about worries that they just
    do not understand about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest as smartly as outlined out the entire thing without having side-effects ,
    folks could take a signal. Will likely be back to get more.

    Thank you

    Also visit my webpage; report


  3. Unknown Says:

    People should just wear spring/summer colors all year long!
    Love you xoxo


Post a Comment