Em
Happy Friday Friends!
Another week has passed us by, the air is getting chilly, and the talk of snow fall has started! Yes, this is a true story. I think that the weathermen are jumping the guns on the next season approaching, because Fall technically has just started. I love Fall and will refuse to see snow fly this early. My nights curled up with Apple Cider, warm thoughts, and Fall movies haven’t even started. This Fall is going to be different from all the other ones. It is going to be better. The reason for this is that I have a house that overlooks water and Fall is even more beautiful when you can see geese land in the water that is your back yard. Fall is better when you wake up to fog on the water and when you can use coffee as a hand warmer. Ahhh yes, Fall is definitely in the air.
Today, I can’t help but think of how much I miss my sister. As you are all well aware of, my sister and her husband put on their crazy pants and joined the Peace Corps. I am so very proud of them, but I miss them all the more knowing I won’t see them for a very long time. It’s different when you know you can pick up the phone and talk, but not so much in this case. Our conversations are held to weekly e-mails and blogging. As I am breathing in the refreshing air of fall, they are drinking out of coconuts in the warm air by the ocean and having Spaghetti-Oh sandwiches. It is because of these contrasts that I bring to you Fridays list. Drumroll please…..
Only in America….
·         can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance
·         do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front
·         do people order double cheese burgers, large fries, and a diet coke
·         do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters
·         do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage
·         do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place
·         do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight
·         do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille
·         all the back-pain relievers are on the bottom shelf
·         does every single toaster have a setting so high it burns the toast to a terrible crisp which no decent human being would eat
Well friends, enjoy this Fall Friday. Remember to hug the ones you love. Remember to enjoy life. Remember that life is grand.
Happy Friday.
-Cheers

Every leaf speaks bliss to me,
Fluttering from the autumn tree.
-          Emily Bronte
0 Responses

Post a Comment