Em
Hello Friends.
Today, I am a force to be reckoned with. I should say that my contentment is a force to be reckoned with. Right now, in this moment, I am content. It took me a bit to get here since I last gave you a life update, but I am in a place now where I can again stop and listen to life. I can take those walks I have mentioned. I feel it was a long time coming and I apologize for the lack of updates. Well friends, prepare to be overloaded with information about yours truly. What has happened you may wonder. Well, here is the happenings of Em in the last five months. I will give you the version that is on caffeine, because I fear you will get bored with my novel is I explain everything in depth. Here it is:
April: applied for a job 150 miles away from Duluth. Got the job. Lived in a hotel for a month then moved in with a college friend. Cory was still back at the old house.
May: Still living with my friend in Hudson, WI. Cory and I are still apart. Learning a new job. Found out that my sister will be leaving for the Kingdom of Tango for the Peace Corps in August. Put our house up for sale. Sold it in a week. Starting to look for a house in Amery, WI.
June: Still living apart. Had a garage sale and sold most of our belongings. Very bittersweet. Found out that the in-laws closed on the Historic Amery Theater. Starting to renovate. Put in an offer on a new house in Amery, WI. Closed on our old house and have an accepted offer on the new house. Still living apart.
July: Work getting busy with the start of school. Long long hours. Still living apart. Closing date for the new house set for August 31st. Getting stressed at work (which is unlike me). A lot of questioning going on. Some tears were shed. Some thoughts about what is right. Still working on the theater. Still living apart. Cory gets a job close to my work….with opposite schedules.  
August: My sister leaves for Tanga. So proud of her, but sad to see her go. I will post more on this at a later date…(seriously). Closed on our lovely home. Theater coming along. We finally get to live together (and elvis). I survived my first semester at my new job. I saw my family. Had some laughs, some hugs, some down time.
September: Content.
I think that is it in a nutshell. A lot of emotions and thoughts and struggles, but it was all worth it. There is no question in my mind about what is right for us now because I know this is the life I was meant to lead. Along the way I have learned lessons that I will never forget. I think the lessons I learned are a good reference for anyone who has ever been stressed out or has doubted themselves. To you, I raise my (coffee) cup and say congrats for facing reality, because reality is scary in every sense of the word. To you, I say this:
Don’t ever try to understand everything; some things will just never make sense. Don’t ever be reluctant to show your feelings, when you’re happy, give in to it! When you’re not, live with it. Don’t ever be afraid to try and make things better, you might be surprised at the results. Don’t ever take the weight of the world on your shoulders. Don’t ever feel threatened by the future. Take one day at a time. Don’t ever feel guilty about the past because what’s done is done. Learn from any mistakes you might have made. Don’t ever feel that you are alone; there is always somebody there for you to reach out to. Don’t ever forget that you can achieve so many of the things you can imagine (Imagine that!). It’s not as hard as it seems. Don’t ever stop loving, don’t ever stop believing, and don’t ever stop dreaming your dreams.
There you have it friends. Hopefully my posts will start becoming more frequent. I hope I can make your day happier. Put a smile on that beautiful mug of yours and we can become close friends once again.
Fall is around the corner. Colors are changing; Apple Cider is being warmed up and placed in the hand of friends. I can’t wait! My favorite season is almost here. Expect my good feelings to be sent to you.
-Cheers!
0 Responses

Post a Comment