Em
Before I start, I just wanted to let you all know that it has been a very busy (some might call it stressful) week. Tomorrow is Friday, and I am super pumped to have no plans this weekend. We all know that will change, but the outlook is no plans with a chance of relaxation. Booya! Because of how busy (okay, okay, stressful) my week has been, I do truly cherish the small things even more. Today, in the midst of chaos, I received a picture of my Pa playing with my niece on my old sled (who goes by the name Comet. The sled that is, not my niece). This, friends, made me smile so much that it was all that was needed to take on the rest of the day (Thanks Pa!) I was also notified by my friend (co-worker) that it was a free for all with Calendars in the School Store. 1. Free stuff is awesome 2. I have been looking for a calendar that I liked since the start of the New Year 3. Free stuff is awesome. I slowly walked over there (I ran) and picked out that one that was calling my name. Now this may not excite some of you, but it is things like this that I love. Getting an unexpected calendar that retails for $12.95 for the price of nothing is splendid. The true joy to this though, was the paragraph that was for the month of January. It went like this:

The Path to your Dreams….What’s it going to be like?
“It won’t always be easy, but there’s no better advice than this: just do your best. Make sure you stay strong enough to move ahead, because there are some wonderful rewards waiting for you. It won’t always make sense, but over the course of time, answers will come, decisions will prove to be the right ones, and the path will be easier to see. Here are some things you can do that will help to see you through…
You can have hope. Because it works wonder for those who have it. You can be optimistic. Because people who expect things to turn out for the best often set the stage to receive a beautiful result. You can put things in perspective. Because some things are important, and others are definitely not.
You can remember that beyond the clouds, the sun is still shining. You can meet each challenge and give it all you’ve got. You can count your blessings. You can be inspired to climb your ladders and have some nice, long talks with your wishing stars. You can be strong and patient. You can be gentle and wise.
And you can believe in happy endings. Because you are the author of the story of your life.”

These are the words that I get to read each day for the rest of the month. Thank you Douglas Pagels, whoever you are, for making the rest of my month that much better. Thank you Sara, for giving me the calendar that had these words in it, and thank you Pa, for sending me the picture that brought my first smile of the day!
Tomorrow is TGIF! Get your coffee mugs ready and your party pants on, because we are going to make tomorrow great!
0 Responses

Post a Comment