Em
Happy Last Day of 2011!  Some of you will probably be looking to the year that will soon be past and think about the events that have happened, while the rest of you are looking to the New Year ahead thinking about what can be changed to make this year a great year. Me? I am doing both. This past year brought some ups and downs and some more ups, and I wouldn’t have changed a single thing. The New Year will bring changes that I don’t even know what they are and I say Bring it On 2012!
The year 2011 was a year of changes and love and laughter.  2012 will be just as great, if not better. There is no fear for me to go forward head first into the New Year. If one thing is certain in this ever changing world, it is the smiles and laughter that is going to be captured tonight. Whether you are out with friends or staying home and relishing in the comfort of warm arms, face the New Year with a smile on your face. It will make the year ahead that much better!

Right now, I am preparing for the New year with a cat on my lap, a cup of coffee in my hand (yes, I am doing the one finger typing), and you, my fellow readers. I also might be impatiently waiting for my handsome husband to wake up and take me out for a lovely lunch. Yes, I am preparing for the New Year the best way possible, by surrounding myself with my loves and relaxing the day away. As we all leave 2011 behind, I would like to help start your day with a smile that will hopefully last in to the New Year. I have created a list of New Year’s Resolutions for those who have trouble keeping them and for those who are scared of making resolutions. This list is for you:
New Year’s Resolutions:
·         Spend more time watching TV / movies.

·         Chat more over phone / Internet.

·         Read less.

·         I want to gain weight. Put on at least 30 pounds.

·         Stop exercising. Waste of time.

·         Procrastinate more.

·         Drink. Drink some more.

·         Start being superstitious.

·         Spend less time at work.

·         Get dressed before noon.

·         Stop bringing lunch from home: I should eat out more.

·         Take up a new habit: Maybe smoking!
So leave 2011 behind and go into 2012 with a hearty laugh, good thoughts, and optimism. You are in charge of making this year better than the last. Write your own story in life. Take Chances, make choices (Good and Bad) and live life to the fullest. Grasp every opportunity you can and live with no regrets in the New Year!

Here’s to making a great New Year even better. Cheers!

We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.                        -Edith Lovejoy Pierce

New Year's is a harmless annual institution, of no particular use to anybody save as a scapegoat for promiscuous drunks, and friendly calls and humbug resolutions.                -  Mark Twain


1 Response
  1. Nikolett Says:

    One-finger typing with coffee is the best haha :) Hope you had a great New Year! And those resolutions made me gasp at first before I realized the joke (I am slow this morning; I blame the lack of caffeine). Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog - hope 2012 is starting off great for you!


Post a Comment