Em
Today's feel good thing is a run-off from my last post. First off, I mentioned that I love rainy days, and it felt like the start of Winter yesterday to me. Well, I also Love snow and it did snow last night! Not much mind you, but it snowed. I did stand out in my pajamas at 10:00 p.m. on my driveway and caught snowflakes. To my neighbors, I hope you don't think I'm crazy. Granted I only lasted a short while but I did catch some before they melted in my hands. This made me go to bed with a smile on my face. 
Yesterday I also introduced you somewhat into my life as Em. I also mentioned that I am very fortunate to love what I do for a living. What I didn't mention is that one of my closest friends also works with me. We don't work in the same department so it can happen where we don't even talk throughout the day, but we do have our catch up conversations during the week. This morning I was walking back to my desk and happened to run into her (not literally of course). We chatted for just a little bit, but this isn’t what made me smile (even though conversations with her are never dull). What made me smile is the smell of her shampoo. I realize that this may add a creepy factor to me, but she really just smelled delightful and it made me break into an unexpected smile. Please don't judge. With Old Man Winter trying to show his face and the clean smell of shampoo that is lingering in the office, it is making out for a good day.

Now that you all are figuring out that I associate smells to happiness (human nature, I believe) I will move on to the unexpected smile, which is the main point of this post. Sorry about the very long Segway. I just want everyone who reads this (or hopefully will in the future) that the unexpected smile is one of the small things that happen every day and people don’t realize that. They are small miracles. It is one of the most uplifting experiences and it is contagious. Share your unexpected smiles and people will smile back. (FYI: If your unexpected smile comes from you smelling a friend, think twice before you tell your co-worker why you were smiling. You might get a weird look.)

Well friends, until we meet tomorrow, wash your hair, catch some snowflakes, and smile.
0 Responses

Post a Comment